Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Love Potion No. 13!

Brett never ceases to amaze me. Not only does he still love me, despite myself, but he is continually planning little things to show me he loves me. He is such a good example to me.

This year, I was trying to plan a little get away for our anniversary and be the sneaky one. My plans, however, did not work out. I was trying to not spend any money at all to spend as little money as possible on our limited student budget and all my connections of people with cool places to stay were not working out. So, I had settled on a fun date night with dinner and a movie. Brett loves Harry Potter, so it was the perfect idea.

Well, Brett never settles for anything "normal" for an anniversary-- even for students like us. So, he told me earlier in the week that I was going to be "unavailable" from Thursday through Saturday. I was so excited about this!

We were headed up to Deer Valley!

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and it was cooler up that high in the mountains. We were staying at a quaint and fancy little place called the Goldener Hirsch Inn. This place prides itself in "treating each guest like family while pampering and providing exceptional service in a very special atmosphere of Austrian elegance." We definitely felt very well taken care of.

Driving up to our place

The view from our deck

Hubba-hubba! Great scenery there, too!!!

Our cool-lookin' door. This place just screamed, "AUSTRIA!!!"

A cool cabinet

Brett loved the bed! It was pretty comfy!

A very cool hand-carved cabinet

The foyer in the Inn

Our room key
Ok. I have to write about our room key. It was HUGE!!! That thing the key was attached to was not plastic, either. It was super heavy! Like heavy enough that if you kept it in your pocket and your pants are loose, they'd fall down! We thought about having the front desk store it for us while we were out because it was such a huge pain! It was a joke the whole time.

The breakfast area in the Inn and towards the back is the fancy restaurant

Entrance to the Inn







Right behind the Inn was Deer Valley Ski Resort!

A sweet little walk we went on

Great view of Park City down below




Pretty cool to own that place, huh?

The real hike to the top of Bald Mountain. Elevation: 9400 feet. So awesome!

Great Views!

See that patch of white? That is snow!!!



Coming around the back side of the mountain, there is Heber Valley!



Some type of satellites or microwave tranmitters

Jordanelle Reservoir in the background









Snow at the top of the mountain!!! Crazy!
It was so much fun to be with Brett for a few days and to have him all to myself. It's not very often that we see  him anymore. This was precious time for us to be together and reflect on our 13 years together. I love him more, than I did then, and it grows every day!



Check out this panoramic view at the top!!! It's breathtaking! We got to the top and a man and his wife were up there as well. They were from Louisiana. He said, "You know, some people live their whole lives without seeing this." It made me think about how lucky I am to live in a place with such stunning scenery. I'm thankful for a body that allows me to summit some wonderful mountains.

6 comments:

Amy said...

What an awesome anniversary you two had. So glad you got to spend some time together.

Troop 442 said...

I only wish I could have done more you certainly deserve it.

Natalie in Sparks said...

Hey Cami, happy anniversary! That place is beautiful and everything looks so green! Awesome views on the hike, and it looks like you two are still the cute little college lovebirds that I remember! :) Can you believe it's been 13 years? I think the same about us, it's gone by fast!

Mama Bell said...

Thanks for taking care of each other so well for 13 years! Glad you took lots of pictures and wrote about your fun times celebrated! Love you guys!

Andrea Holley said...

Happy anniversary! We ate dinner there once and it was really good. Miss you!

kitty said...

I love celebrating anniversaries. So fun!

(I am your visitor from Ames - don't be alarmed)

joce