Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Can You Guess....

What this post is about?

BACK TO SCHOOL!!!
Can it really be that time of year again? Say it isn't so!!!


The big boy on campus, sixth-grader Connor. 
This year Connor wanted to try something new. He wanted to be an "early bird", which means he goes to school at 8am, instead of the "later-gator" schedule that we've been on the last few years, which entails arriving at school at 9:15. I actually thought this was a great idea. Connor would be up early in the morning and get his things done and be out the door to give me some one-on-one (or two) time with the twins. Then, Connor gets to come home from school early and I have an hour alone with him. I think it's going to work out really great.

Cute 3rd grader, Makenna

Sweet 3rd grader, McKay-- don't you love that shirt on him?

The twins showing of their new shoes! 

McKay and Makenna in the sea of students at their school-- waiting

As I was dropping McKay and Makenna off for school, I saw Connor and his entire class, with their teacher, walking out for a mock emergency drill. I ran up to him and loved on him pretty good in front of all his friends. He gave me a big squeeze in return. After he was home I asked if that embarrassed him and he simply said, "No."

Bless his soul......I still have at least one more year to be the "cool mom" and not the "embarrassing mom". We'll see how long it lasts.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow! They are all getting so big! Very cute family, hope they have a great school year!

Mama Bell said...

Simply adorable! Grandma is proud of her sweet ones! Glad Connor still lets you be the adoring mom! Enjoy it. . .

Mark and Colette said...

I love that shirt on Micky. They are all so cute. I remember the days. ENJOY!

Natalie in Sparks said...

cute! they do look so grown up. wow, Connor is in 6th grade! kyle is starting 7th on mon. which means Middle school! Exciting but crazy! they grow up so fast.

Stacy and Mike said...

My 1st grader told me I embarrassed him when I stopped by during lunch one day. SO SAD! CUTE KIDS! Fun to check in once in a while!