Monday, June 2, 2014

London, Day Four

First stop of the day, Windsor Castle! The actual residence of the Queen!!! I always thought they lived in Buckingham Palace, but apparently, those are the business offices for the Monarchy. Windsor Castle is where the Queen lives, and she was there today! Can you believe that? We didn't see her, of course, but it was just cool knowing that she was there.

These were the fun shops and buildings on the walk up to the castle. 




Seeing the castle was so, so cool! We got to go in the actual rooms they use! They were even in the middle of planning an event as we were there! The only complaint I had, is that we didn't get nearly enough time to explore and hear all the history about the magnificent place!


Stonehenge was actually pretty cool. I thought it would be boring, but they have an awesome tour and a new museum that really brings the place to life and explains the who, what, why and how of this place. Plus, the drive out there was gorgeous. Everything you imagine the English countryside to look like. Just like it looks in the movies.




Bath is an amazing town! Wow! So much history there! This church is the center of the town and was based on a dream by John Elder.





The Baths of Bath

These 5 bedroom flats go for between 4-6 million pounds. CRAZY! Nicholas Cage used to own one.


Love this crew!

I think this is great. This is ALL OVER London. It's on almost every bus we see! I think any publicity is better than no publicity, right?

Beautiful Westminister Abbey at night.






Big Ben with a sliver moon just beginning to show. 

1 comment:

Natalie in Sparks said...

That is so awesome! What memorable adventures you are having as a family! I have never been to Europe, so this is great to see it through your photos and stories!