Watch this video. It's a report that was given on Fox News back in 2008 and I can't believe (actually I can) that we haven't heard more about this and that all the other news stations IGNORE this! It's because it is exonerating to Bush and incriminating to the liberal Democrats.
Bush started warning congress in 2001 about the economic crisis Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae could cause if nothing was done to regulate them. He warned again and again, but no one listened. He took the fall, since the crisis started the last few months of his presidency. Notice how he didn't point the finger and blame others. I have more respect for him, the more I get involed in politics. Sure, he made mistakes, but man, this is huge!
I do not blame the democrats. I do not blame the republicans. I blame them both. I just wish where were somewhere to get good information that explores BOTH sides of the spectrum.
6 comments:
Wow Cami. That was eye-opening. Some of those people have got to be glad this footage isn't on American YouTube- how embarassed they'd be.
What would be the fun in Republicans being right? That is not ever EVER supposed to happen!
Don't get me started on the mortgage disaster! My job is almost completly doing price opinions for banks on short sale/foreclosed houses. Its one thing to see the statistics, but to walk into these foreclosure houses and see the lives people have left behind is a very sad and sometimes weird experience. Oh the stories I could tell! I see what happens to the houses, but I worry about what happens to the families.
It blows your mind doesn't it?! I have seen many things similar to this, but just makes me so mad that Barney Frank can blame this on Bush right now and do what he did. And that the Dems blame the Rep. and it just... yeah.
I just wanted to wish you well at Women's Conference!
Can't wait to hear all about it.
Cami,
I am really enjoying your political posts - you are helping me stay connected to our national situation. I suppose I need to change my mindset and start getting involved!
Amen, Sister!
Post a Comment