Friday, January 7, 2011

I met someone famous.

Ha!! I knew I could get you to look if I used that for the title of my post! This post is only one picture of meeting someone famous and all the rest is some fun December stuff, but it got you here, right?

Anybody know a guy by the name of Alex Boye? Oh yes, I met him at Zupa's with a few of my college roommates. He was sitting in the booth behind us and I just couldn't help asking him for a picture. It's a good thing Brett wasn't there because he hates when I do stuff like that, but it seemed like Alex, I mean, Mr. Boye was flattered. My roommate, Natalie is all about pictures, so she was excited to ask for a picture, and she also asked for his autograph. He was very nice and didn't seem annoyed at all. We had a nice little chat and told him that we enjoyed seeing him sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.



Here is the family decorating the tree. What a wonderful time of year. All the kids were SO excited to put up their own ornaments they've collected over they years. And of course, they all argued, and then bargained with each other, as to who would put up the star this year. It seems like it's a fight every year.
This year, Makenna won the debate and placed the star on the tree. 



Mom and Dad also enjoyed decorating the tree!!

Every year there is a standing bet for the boys in the family when watching the Utah vs. BYU game. The fans of which ever team loses, has to do a snow angel out on the lawn with no shirt! You may be asking yourself, "Who in the Bell family is even a U fan?" Well, he's  not officially from the Bell fam, is MY HUSBAND!!! I know, and I still married him. Anyway, the only brother there to watch the game at my grandpa's house (a great tradition) was Tyler, so he had to do it!!!!




So COLD!!!
The kids wanted in on the action, too!!! But quickly realized it was SUPER cold!



This year we decided to do a tradition with the Bell cousins. I did this same tradition as a little girl with my "Bell" cousins that was so fun and exciting each year. Every Christmas we would draw a name and make or buy an ornament for our cousin. By the time I left for college I had my own little box of ornaments to decorate a tree with and by the time we were married I had enough to cover our small little tree! I loved it as a child and growing up and we decided to do it with our kids. It was so fun. McKay had Caroline's name so he decided that he wanted to make a plaster mold of all the letters in her name and paint them for her ornaments. He spent so much time and effort on this and he was just thrilled with the outcome. He also bought her a princess crown ornament. Caroline also had McKay's name and bought him the perfect ornament: Mickey Mouse as the sorcerer's apprentice! (See our Halloween post). He was beyond thrilled!

Makenna got a cute Tinkerbell ornament from Wyatt. Very girly and sparkly-- just up her alley! She loved it.

I love Wyatt's face in this picture!!! It says loads about this cute little nephew of mine!!! Kenna had him and got him a Transformer ornament.
Love this little boy, too!!! Such a happy guy! Connor had him and chose a Yoda ornament.

Connor got a holographic Peanuts ornament from Jaxson and loves it.

Look at that face. What can I say? She is adorable!

What a great tradition! I think we'll do it every year!

8 comments:

Missy said...

Ok, so secret? I get tingles when Alex Boye talks! Ha! Yep, I'm a sucker for an accent! LOVE! P.S. I am so glad that I've never had to do a snow angel with my shirt off! BRRRR!

Teri said...

Yes I know Alex Boye! I met him in England in 2000 when I lived there for a summer. He was good friends with a guy I date over there. He was in a boy band over there before he came over to the U.S to sing. I love his voice! He used to get me tickets to some of his concerts when I was single. He's a really good guy:)

Shanna Payne said...

That looks like so much fun! I love that ornament Idea! And if Brett ever needs a fellow Utah fan, just head over to the Purdie household!

Mark and Colette said...

I love that idea. Keep doing.All the Bell grandchild ar so CUTE!!!
As for Alex we have meet a few times. Raquel danced with him once. HAHHA! Love ya sister

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Me monster coming out....ready for this....back before Alex Boye did a lot of church music he did a lot of R&B/POP stuff and...ready for it...I WAS ONCE HIS BACK UP DANCER AT HIS CONCERT! Also my good friend use to date him....nice hu

BECKY said...

Hey stranger! Looks like you had a great Christmas season. Sure miss you... but I know that it is my fault! Hope to see you soon!!!!!

K.C. said...

The "headline" title trick works so well - I use it all the time! Whenever I have a title that is somewhat interesting I always get tons more traffic. Now I'm always looking for ways to spice up my title :) I'm glad you're keeping up the ornament tradition - that was always so much fun

Natalie in Sparks said...

Hey nice picture of us with Alex! I am glad you recognized him so we could meet him!
What fun traditions your family has - the tree, ornaments, losers making snow angels...i love it! I also loved getting together with you and Liz. Thanks!