Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fun Times!

Yes, we got caught up in it too!!

Jimmer Mania!!! 


The kids  I was SOOO excited for the March Madness tournament this year!!! I didn't fill out a bracket or anything, and even if I did, I'm sure it would have been totally wrong after the first round!!! But I did add the March Madness iphone app to my phone and it was awesome to have! I would be checking out scores during dinner or watching a live game in line at the grocery store. I can't wait until next year! So when I heard that they'd be showing the BYU game at the Marriott Center on the big screen for free, I just had to go!


Here are the kids (Connor in his nerd outfit still) in front of the Marriott Center with 'Y's on their cheeks!

Settling into our seats and waiting for the game to start.

Connor  chewing and enjoying the popcorn
We were disappointed that the Cougars lost, but we "made a memory". The kids will never forget being in a crowd of about 2,000 yelling and screaming and singing college students. They now now the Y fight song!!  Connor did a "nerd dance" in front of the student section. We left with heavy hearts, but with smiles on our faces and sore throats from yelling so loud! I'm so glad we went and we'll do it again!


The kids got a crazy idea from "The Friend" magazine to make Bunny Buns. You can click here for the recipe if you feel so inclined. It does take quite a bit of time, but it's worth it. They've got a nice orange flavor and an really yummy glaze. The kids had a lot of fun with this.



Here's the kids with our finished product. 





With Brett gone for rotations, a lot of the stuff he usually does was left up to me and the kids. Man, that guy sure does a lot of work!!! We appreciate him so much, especially after doing some of the things he usually does for us. Like.........

Gardening.

Am I a horrible person if I admit that I am not really a fan? Well, I'm not. I sure am a fan of of reaping the rewards and need to learn to love the process. "I think I can, I think I can....."


This time of year isn't warm enough for the planting of everything; only peas and lettuce. Thank goodness!
(Did I really say that?)
We're getting little sprouts. I'm excited to see what they bring.

3 comments:

Shar said...

I've made those bunny rolls before it seems. . . I remember them being delish. And your yard (and garden) look awesome. Can I borrow your little worker bees to teach my bees?

Natalie in Sparks said...

Awesome that you went to that game! It made me remember when we went down to the Delta center during the Jazz/Bulls finals in 1997. We were so pumped! Remember we got free shirts and just hung out, wishing we could somehow get into the game! That was fun!

I actually love to garden, but it's still a lot of work, so for you to not love it and still do it is great! What a good example you are to your kids, and it IS worth it! Brett will be proud of you. Is he done soon?

Missy said...

Gardening is in your blood, deary. You are one of Grandma's Girls. Give it time, and you'll love it.