Sunday, April 1, 2012

I'm so glad...

WHEN DADDY COMES HOME!

Brett has been gone to Officer's Training as a Captain in the Air Force for 5 weeks.

It  has been a long 5 weeks! 

We are now complete as a family again. We are so happy he is home!

Before Brett left, I knew it would be up to me to keep everyone happy and smiling. If mom was happy, upbeat and positive; most likely everyone else would be too.....at least in the "I-miss-dad" department!
I knew if we stayed busy and created some fun traditions to do while dad was gone, we would be ok. You've seen some of the things we did, and we survived those 5 weeks.

I am so grateful for my kids! They kept me company and kept me sane!!

Countin' down the days!


Here we are waiting in the car for the call that he is here!! The kids spent a lot of time making these signs colorful and personal for Brett.
Mickey and his sign

The kids can hardly contain themselves!!!


HERE HE IS!! (I do have to say that he looks pretty fine here!!!)


And here.......

And here!!!
We are so happy to see him!


We are so thankful that Brett was kept safe while he was gone and that we were safe while he was gone! We are grateful to our friends and family that supported us and made this 5 weeks apart a little more bearable!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Another hurdle jumped. Glad he's home. Love you guys.

Sarah said...

What? Five weeks?? Bless your hearts! So glad he's home and safe. Looks like you guys are doing great. : )

Sarah said...

What? Five weeks?? Bless your hearts! So glad he's home with you. Hope everything is great--it's fun to read all your posts. : )

Rob and Schaefer Bell said...

good to see everyone doing well Cam. Glad you made it too :) Proud of Brett and the rest of you for the path you are working down.

Mama Bell said...

Those excited faces say it all! There's no place like home!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

He does pull off a uniform pretty well, I think you picked a winner! So happy he is home if it makes you feel better it FLEW by for me so thanks for that! ha ha Love you and glad you are all together again!

Shar said...

Almost like Christmas, huh. :) We are glad you are hopefully done with the separation thing for good...no fun, that single motherhood stuff! Tell Brett that he looks very official--that look works for him!

kitty said...

I am so happy for you! It must have been hard to be alone (in a new town none the less)....for five weeks. You are an amazing woman!

Brett does wear a uniform well. Maybe I should get Trev one of those! :)

Natalie in Sparks said...

wow that is a long time! You have been such a trooper the last few years with all the training he has had to do, Cami! you are awesome! I hope that you are doing well and adjusting to the move. I hope your ward is great and you feel the support you need. love ya!