We have found that the Texas summer heat is relentless. When that sun is out, you feel the heat beating down on you.
And it is HOT!!!
The best thing to do to beat the heat is to find some water! There are some pretty neat places to go in Texas.
Canyon Lake is a pretty awesome lake about 30 minutes from our house. You cant tell here, but the water is pretty clear. Once we brought our fishing poles to give fishing a try, and the park ranger laughed at us and said, "The fish don't bite out here; the water is too clear and they can see you." We didn't believe him at first, but after a few hours on the lake without a bite, but a lot of "fish spotting", now we believe him!
This is one of two "beach-y" areas in the lake. All of the other areas are super rocky. (Photos of that later). Anyway, we had a great time playing in this water, and Connor also earned his swimming merit badge here, along with his Lifesaving merit badge. WAY TO GO, CON!
The water is perfectly temperaturized, as well.
If temperaturized is even a word.
Not teasing each other!
Our great friends, Lezlie Terry and Aiden
Aiden, Lezlie, Addie and Lezlie's sister, Christina. Lezlie's husband is deployed and her sister came out to help her. We had a fun time meeting her.
The kids love Addie!
On the other side of Canyon Lake is a GREAT spot to go rock jumping. This is nothing like the cliff jumping at Lake Powell, but it's great for family fun. We had a blast doing this.
Here are our good friends, the Leatham's cute girls: Jane (9) and Brynn (11)
Getting ready to jump about 3 feet
Kenna on the tallest rock there is to jump. It's about 17 feet. She did it, too!!!
Brett jumping off that same rock!
The moms. This is Wendy. I think she is fantastic, and so are her kids.
Jane getting ready to JUMP!!!
We discovered a really cool park called Landa Park. This is a HUGE park with tons of walking and exploring trails and some really fun playgrounds. In the summer heat, you can only take so much time out in the sun, and then you need water!
They have a huge spring-fed pool here! It is really awesome! It's 1.5 million gallon pool with rocks on the bottom and everything! They've got a rope swing, a huge tarp slide and the kids just had a blast!
Here we are melting while playing with the Leatham's and the Stevenson's.
Connor and McKay being dopey. Notice the huge tarp slide in the background?
Riley, Makenna and Jane. These are all great girls and Makenna has some great friends! See the tarp slide in the back?
Connor is my buddy. He is such a good boy.
McKay and Bronson
Fun friends-- Connor, Brynn, Abby, McKay and Bronson
We are having so much fun exploring Texas and making new friends! We are so grateful for swimming pools, lakes, and rivers to keep us cool!
Oh look at you go girl!1 I am so proud of you for getting involved with your area and ward. I knew you would. You are all so AWESOME and fun family. I hope to visit you sometime when we are down in the Long Star State. Love ya
Wherever you go. . .you will find water! You are a fish and I am glad your kids love it as well. Sounds like a way to survive the heat in San Antonio! Love seeing all the pictures of friends and adventures. Connors teeth are looking good!
I wondered how the summer months in Texas were treating you. It has taken me two summers to adjust to the humidity in the Midwest. And I am with you on the water attractions!
Just think of the lovely weather you will enjoy for the rest of the year!
Hey Cami, I have my computer back and have caught up on reading everyone's blogs. It looks like your enjoying you time in TX.
I've been looking for a marathon to do and train for as soon as I have this baby. A lot of the runs here in OK are on Sundays. I don't know how far Allen, TX is away from you but there is a half/full marathon on 12/31/12 and 1/1/13. It's a double event, you can either do both of just one. Do you still like running? If you want to join me it would be fun:) Here's the website: http://www.newyearsdouble.com/
7 comments:
Oh look at you go girl!1 I am so proud of you for getting involved with your area and ward. I knew you would. You are all so AWESOME and fun family. I hope to visit you sometime when we are down in the Long Star State. Love ya
Wherever you go. . .you will find water! You are a fish and I am glad your kids love it as well. Sounds like a way to survive the heat in San Antonio! Love seeing all the pictures of friends and adventures. Connors teeth are looking good!
Love the cliff jump video!! Wish I was playing with you guys
Whoa, I can't believe McKenna jumped off that rock! Brave girl!
So glad you found friends and a spot to keep cool (I didn't doubt your ability to find either one)!
Cute pictures of everyone!
Great posts Cami.
I wondered how the summer months in Texas were treating you. It has taken me two summers to adjust to the humidity in the Midwest. And I am with you on the water attractions!
Just think of the lovely weather you will enjoy for the rest of the year!
Hey Cami, I have my computer back and have caught up on reading everyone's blogs. It looks like your enjoying you time in TX.
I've been looking for a marathon to do and train for as soon as I have this baby. A lot of the runs here in OK are on Sundays. I don't know how far Allen, TX is away from you but there is a half/full marathon on 12/31/12 and 1/1/13. It's a double event, you can either do both of just one. Do you still like running? If you want to join me it would be fun:) Here's the website: http://www.newyearsdouble.com/
What great places you have discovered, I want to come play!
Post a Comment