Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall Means Back to School


After summer comes and school starts, my mind automatically shifts to fall. The changing colors of the leaves, the crispness in the air, school shopping, cooler nights, hoodies, football games, school supplies, holidays approaching. There is something magical about fall!

Well, here in San Antonio, we don't really have fall. It's a little bit sad. I keep waiting and waiting for the weather to cool down, but the temps continued to stay warm! I LONGED for just one cold night where I could wear a hoodie and sweat pants! It didn't happen! And most of the trees here are live oaks, which means they are green year round. It's beautiful, in it's own way, but my heart ached for many beautiful colors of fall.  

I was so thrilled to see this tree at the entrance to our neighborhood!! One of the only ones in our neighborhood to change colors!

Some of the only trees that change color in our neighborhood!


The kids were so excited for school to start this year!!! Here is Makenna in her favorite shirt! 

And here is her hair-do of choice! It sure needs practice!


 Here is McKay in his "Harry Potter" shirt. Such a cute smile!




 And here is my big boy, Connor-- ready to start 7th grade!!! Can't believe it!


He picked these clothes out from the store! He looks so handsome! 

No comments: