I can't believe I'm doing this! My crazy SIL, Natalie (who by the way is the blessed SIL that set me and Brett up) came up with a crazy idea. She said one of her New Year's goals was to go 1 month without any treats, sweets, desserts. You get the picture, right? Well, I decided to go along with her and do it too. After eating way too much over the holidays and after experiencing the great joy of my pants being a little more snug that I'd like after said holiday, I decided I wanted to join her! Well, we are now 14 days into it and I must say it's going great! It has been hard at times. Very hard, in fact. And I must say, that I probably would have given in if I didn't know that Natalie was counting on me and doing this too. I knew that I would have to be accountable to her and I didn't want to have to tell her that I had blew it! So, it has been awesome and very eye-opening. After less than a week, my afore-mentioned pants were fitting back to normal again. And I have felt really good. I already know the benefits of eating healthy, but to go this long has been really great. I feel so good, I might even extend it.....maybe....But whenever I decide to have treats again, I'm going to make the brownies you see up top. Don't they look so fabulous? They're called Nutella Brownies. Click here if you'd like the recipe. I think my other wonderful SIL, Amz, would really like these. She loves Nutella. Anyway, let me know if any one tries these. As for now, I'll just have to salivate while looking at the picture and imagine what they would smell like. Sometimes, that's almost as good!
Monday, January 14, 2008
No Treats for 1 whole month!!!!!???
I can't believe I'm doing this! My crazy SIL, Natalie (who by the way is the blessed SIL that set me and Brett up) came up with a crazy idea. She said one of her New Year's goals was to go 1 month without any treats, sweets, desserts. You get the picture, right? Well, I decided to go along with her and do it too. After eating way too much over the holidays and after experiencing the great joy of my pants being a little more snug that I'd like after said holiday, I decided I wanted to join her! Well, we are now 14 days into it and I must say it's going great! It has been hard at times. Very hard, in fact. And I must say, that I probably would have given in if I didn't know that Natalie was counting on me and doing this too. I knew that I would have to be accountable to her and I didn't want to have to tell her that I had blew it! So, it has been awesome and very eye-opening. After less than a week, my afore-mentioned pants were fitting back to normal again. And I have felt really good. I already know the benefits of eating healthy, but to go this long has been really great. I feel so good, I might even extend it.....maybe....But whenever I decide to have treats again, I'm going to make the brownies you see up top. Don't they look so fabulous? They're called Nutella Brownies. Click here if you'd like the recipe. I think my other wonderful SIL, Amz, would really like these. She loves Nutella. Anyway, let me know if any one tries these. As for now, I'll just have to salivate while looking at the picture and imagine what they would smell like. Sometimes, that's almost as good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
1st I need to know what SIL means.
2nd I think that you must be very disciplined! Awesome. I know you will make it the whole month. I'm rooting for you.
Cami, your blog is so cute. I had forgotten that you had one so I finally added you on mine. Your family is so cute and it seems like you are all doing great!
I think we should treat ourselves to a dessert buffet when this is all over...or maybe just a smelling buffet, that way our pants won't get so tight.
Be strong!
Nat
Way to go! These do look amazing! We'll definitely have to try them.
good for you lady! :) i still remember being inspired to be healthier (and shed the pounds) after talking to you in SLC. cheers to "no treats for 1 whole month!
xoxo, di
doctorandcovenants.com
Cami, I found your blog off of Brianne's. I can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Post a Comment