Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School 2009!

Presenting the Rush kids in order of youngest to oldest:

Sweet little McKay in 1st grade!!!! (I know, I can't believe it!)

A very mature-looking Makenna in 1st grade! (Of course, she wanted her hair straight!)

Connor-- the big man on campus!!! 4th Grade!!

Connor is in the ALL class this year. ALL stands for "Advanced Learning Lab." We'll see how this goes. You have to test to get in and Connor was so excited to test and just thrilled to get in. But now comes the real test: all the work! They had an orientation last year that gave us a pretty good idea of what to expect, so we weren't totally blindsided...but Connor is used to everything coming so easy, being challenged, is going to be a challenge for him. We've got the first 2 weeks down and so far, so good. He has a couple good friends in his class with him and he really likes his teacher.

The twins got the teacher they wanted for 1st grade. She is the sweetest lady! She is in our ward and the kids just LOVE her! They are so happy to have her!!

Here's to another great year, with great friends and great teachers!

9 comments:

Andrea Holley said...

They are all so cute and getting so big!

The Poulson's said...

So grown up! THat is awesome for connor to be in the addvanced class! You are such a good mom!

Anonymous said...

They are adorable! I am glad the year has gotten off to a good start. It's awesome that Connor is able to be in the advanced learning lab, I bet you're so proud of his hard work :)

Trisha said...

Cami,
4th grade oh my goodness, and the twins are in 1st grade, I can't believe it. I will have 2 in school next year and I am just wondering myself where the time has gone. Your kids are so adorable!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

So cute! That is the Hi-ya shirt? Haha - love it. Makenna looks so dang cute in that outfit and so old!

C Smoot said...

Exciting Times!! Megan's teacher is in our ward as well. It's been fun so far. The kids come home every day and say, "We saw Connor!" Or "We talked to McKay and McKenna at recess." :)

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Oh man they are grown up. I look at them on our proposal video and they are tiny. ahhhh time flies

Jessica said...

Wow they are all so big! Very cute all of them and good luck to them and their new school year.

kitty said...

Cami - I didn't realize your kids were all in school. They are growing up so fast - and we hardly know them .... how sad! What darling kids you have. What are you doing during the day while they are gone? Just continuing on with your wonder woman routine?