Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Canyon

One of the best things about warmer weather is getting to go up to the mountains! We have a plethora of wonderful canyons with lots and lots of picnic areas to choose from. We went up to the canyon, despite being poured on early in the am. By afternoon, the weather was beautiful and we had a wonderful time. Thanks Natalie and Dave, for going with us!




Connor and Madison climbing with Brett.
The kids are pointing to the road here. It's in the background...you can see it if you look hard enough.
Kenna found this leaf and said, "Look mom, there's a heart in this leaf! It's for you!" So sweet!


Here are the kids at the entrance to a cave. We all went inside and the kids loved it! It was really dark, but we had head lamps. This was a highlight for the kids.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome, it is so pretty up in the mountains, looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Natalie said...

sooo fun! I am glad that we went!

Bethany said...

I love the mountains. It looks like you guys had fun. I mean who wouldn't especially with those surroundings

Our Family said...

Hi Cami;
Just answering your question...and it's too bad I wasn't able to pass this on before you went up to the canyon to try it yourself. You'll have to next time. Banana boats are really easy to make and so yummy. Take a banana and slice it open (but not through) the full banana. Fill the insides with marshmallows and chocolate, then wrap it in tinfoil and place on top of the fire. Only leave it there for a few minutes; long enough to melt the chocolate. Then dig in! So good!

brittanyc said...

That makes me crave the outdoors! We still haven't gone out and enjoyed any of the canyons this summer. Your kids are so stinking cute I can't get over it. What a lucky mom you are. Britt

Stacy and Mike said...

OH how I miss the cool of the mountains in summer time. I love your hair CAMI!!!