I know this post is a little late, but it is one that I have been wanting to do! I wanted to tell Brett, "Happy Father's Day" and thank him for being such a wonderful father to our children. As long as I can remember, Brett has always had a knack with kids. When we were dating he was just so good with all kids and any kids. I marveled at how he was so sweet his he nieces and nephews. I had never seen a man like this before! Then, when we were engaged, I think, no, I know, my little siblings and cousins started liking him more than they liked me. (At the time that bothered me, but now I completely understand and would like him more than I like me, too....he's way more funny and interesting than I am.) Anyway, now Brett is a wonderful dad to our 3 children. He is so wise and thoughtful in what he says and what he does. He is not just talking 'to them', if you know what I mean, everything he says has a purpose behind it. He is always looking for ways to teach the kids with the everyday, little things that go on in families and at our house. He has taught me to really include the kids in our daily chores and not just do it because I want it to get done, get done fast, and get done right. They need to learn somehow, right? Brett is an amazing father and husband. Just last weekend, my sister in law's and I were going to get together to go to dinner and maybe a movie or something. Well, the next thing I knew, Brett had booked all of us a hotel room up in Park City!! And if that wasn't enough, he had earned some extra, unexpected money at work and gave that to me for spending money in Park City! Isn't that sweet? When I earn or more likely find, some extra money, I think, "Oh, what am I going to buy with this?" But Brett always thinks of me first. He is such an example to me of unselfishness and service. He is always so thoughtful and I am so blessed to have him as my husband and our children's father.
I thought it would be fun to include some pictures of him throughout the years.

Connor and Brett in San Fran in 2005

Me and my hubby on our cruise last year

Another cruise shot........isn't he cute?

Love this picture.........

Here we are in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Brett doing one of the things he does best.........working on our garden. He is so good at gardening and planning it all out. Now this area is full of plants waiting to bear fruit! Can't wait!

Camping this year.

Words cannot describe this one..........Oooh la la!!!!

Graduation Day in 2006! We are all so proud and relieved that he is done! 8 years of full time school and full time work!! How did he do it? Nobody knows...we're just glad it's over!

Brett with Connor at one of his favorite places: the ocean
LOVE YOU BABE!
5 comments:
What a sweet post. It made me very teary eyed! You have such a cute post. And I wanted to just say how impressed I was with Brett right after we had Faith and how he just held her at grandma and grandpas for the longest time and put her to sleep. He definitely has a knack with children!
PS- I just read what I wrote and I meant to put, "You have a cute FAMILY" not a cute post. Please excuse my pregnant brain.
What a good guy he is! But behind every good guy is a good gal! Love you both
Yes, Brett continues to be my favorite son in law!! Ha! I do consider him a son and I am proud to do so. I love him because of the way he treats our child, Cami Leigh and our grandchildren.
Mama Bell
Your sweet Cami, Brett is lucky to have you!
You need to post some pictures of your marathon!!!
Post a Comment