Sunday, June 8, 2008

Twins Preschool Graduation

This year I did a joy school with my neighbors for the twins. It was a lot of fun, actually. There were 8 kids (which was a little on the much side) and some of them were just barely 3 (which was a little on the young side) but overall, it went really well. The kids became such good friends and love to play with eachother. They did wonderfully at learning their letter names and also the letter sounds. The twins are really ready to begin learning to read this summer which they are excited about and so am I!


I can't believe my babies are 5! Where does the time go? FIVE YEARS!!!! I seriously cannot believe they're so big!!! They will be in kindergarten next year and they are just so excited! I have some friends who are just so sure that I am the luckiest mom because all my kids will be in school.....well little do they know that I am not ready to send them away! These two are like my hands....I will feel lost without them. You know how most moms relish the time to go to the store by themselves and just be alone? Well, when I go to the store and I'm by myself, I think, "this is how it's going to be next year when they're in school. I'll be all alone, by myself with no little hands to hold, no arms to squeeze around my legs or neck, no slobbery lips to give my kisses, and no high-pitched, squeaky voices to hear call my name or sing a song. What am I going to do?" (Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy a nice shopping trip by myself every once in a while.) But being by myself means my babies are not babies any more. My children are growing up. I am not the mother of babies or even toddlers anymore, I am the mother of children; school-aged children. When did this happen? How has time passed so quickly? Now time will go even faster than it has before and soon, I'll be the mother of tweens and then teen-agers.

Ok.

I'm stopping.

After all this fretting about time passing so fast, one thing remains and shines through all the harshness of children growing so fast:

I have the privilege and blessing of being a mother.

That, in itself, is enough.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay McKenna and McKay! How exciting! Sounds like they have learned a lot and they look so cute in their hats. Awesome!

Stacy and Mike said...

I can't believe you had 8 in your Joy School. I barely handled 5 and only one of them was mine not two like you. Congats on graduating. They are adorable.

Alyssa said...

I can't believe they are 5 already! Cute graduation, I love the little caps!

Unknown said...

so true, it does go by too fast, I almost started crying in Young Womens on Sunday because the lesson was on missionaries and my mind wandered and I thought about sending my three boys on missions...it was a close one :)
But what a tribute to you that you have 3 beautiful, smart, adoring children!!! you lucky mom!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Dang cute! I can't believe they are so big either.

Just think though, you will get to do all the new fun stuff for all three now. Field trips, helping in their class, having cookies ready when they all walk in the door...different kind of fun, but I bet you'll love it.

karen said...

So Mason is still home for two more years, but I can tell I'm not ready to be by myself. Example...When I am in the car by myself, and I see a train, I say outloud - Look at the train Mason. I then wait for his response and then realize he is not in the car. I guess that when Mason and Madison are both in school, I will spend a lot of time talking to myself!