Connor, Brandon and Madison in front of Dragon's Mouth-- part of the Mud Pots.
Makenna and Hayley. See the deer up in the trees in the background ?
Walking along the trail of the mudpots with some of the cousins.
Kids playing in a warm stream/river. This was fed by a geyser a little upstream and really nice and warm!
A black BEAR!!! In all our years of going to Yellowstone, we've never seen a bear. Well, we did this year. Interestingly enough, as we pulled over to take some photos and see the bear, I saw an old friend I haven't seen for over 5 years! We'd thought we'd lost contact, but now I have her info! So happy!
Big buffalo walking down the road as we're driving past. He knew we were in his territory and he wasn't about to move out of the way of oncoming traffic.
Connor playing on the shore of the lake. He preferred this to swimming in the cold water. He is not a fish like his mom and dad are. We'll swim in almost anything!
Cousins at a really neat waterfall. We explored this one day and saw a whole bunch of college kids climb up to the top and jump off. It looked so much fun, so Brett and I had to do it. We came back the next morning and Brett made sure the water was deep enough (about 10 feet) and then we climbed up to the top and jumped in! I stood on the ledge for about 5 minutes (seriously) before I could jump off-- it's about a 30 foot high ledge. Then I took the plunge! It was so exhilarating, I did it 2 more times! It was so great! Probably the highlight of the trip for me!

This could be on the cover of the visitor's center brochure for Old Faithful. The kids thought it was awesome! Aren't they the cutest things?

4 comments:
It looks like you had so much fun on your trip! I'm glad you were able to get your camera back!!
Cami!! WOw what a cute family! I finally got a blog are you so proud of me?? Ah ah!! Looks like you have had a fun summer!
Yes - they are SO cute!
Your kids are so dang cute!
Post a Comment