I usually tell them,
"No".
Or, "We're not going to be home that day."
Or, "Maybe someday."
I know; I am a horrible mother.
I know; I am a horrible mother.
My kids want to plan a party, invite others into our home, and have fun. Why was I resisting? I guess I was worried about how much I'd have to be involved. Or if I wasn't involved, with the 'party' be a total bust?
Kids don't worry about these things. They just know it will all turn out.
So, I finally said yes, with the condition that I was to be minimally involved.
They planned this party all by themselves.
Here is the "Welcome" sign on our porch.
It says, "Fall Carnivl"
Were: McKay and Makenna house
Time: 5:30
Costume!!
BOO!
Here they are with their first invited guest, Paige.
Kenna as Sleeping Beauty and Paige as a "Senorita"
Connor and Asher as nerds......didn't have to stretch too far, did they? :)
All the invited guests
The following pictures are decorations all made by McKay and Makenna:
One of the activities they did is to have each kid make fall place mats to take home. Here are some samples:
Do you see the orange juice (Tang) in the yellow cup in the top center of this picture? The kids wanted to make it as close to red as orange can get with food coloring. I stopped them before the drink started to taste more like the coloring than Tang.
Here is the 'Arts and Crafts' table.
I may just let them do it again!
I love my kids.
3 comments:
I'm very impressed, as usual, with the creativity that goes on in that house. And I think you are Supermom. . .'nough said!
That is so fun! Your kids are darling!
If your babies ever want to throw a festibal let me know and I will come over and help - this looks like loads of fun. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ON SATURDAY!!! Tell your babies to start stretching now because I am going to want loads and loads of hugs!
Post a Comment