Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gospel Conversations With Makenna

This is a conversation I had with Makenna tonight before bed:

Kenna: "Mom, I wish I was a prophet."

Me: "Why do you wish you were a prophet?"

Kenna: "So I would never do anything wrong." (She is still fresh from her baptism and wants to be totally clean and perfect all the time.)

Me: "Do you know that prophets aren't perfect? Who was the only person on this earth to ever be perfect?"

Kenna: "Jesus."

---Connor pipes in--

Connor: "Plus, only men who have the Priesthood can be a Prophet."

Kenna: "Nu-uh!"

Me: "Yes. That's right."

Kenna: "What about Rosemary?"

Silence.........crickets chirping........more silence.....I'm racking my brain trying to think of a Rosemary from the Bible.....

Kenna: "Remember, in conference???!!!! Rosemary, she spoke at General Conference!!!!!"

Lightbulb moment!!!!!!

Me: "Oh, you mean Rosemary Wixsom, the Primary General President!!! Oh, she's not a prophet, but a very wise and loving woman."

It was so funny.

1 comment:

Mama Bell said...

Glad you wrote that one down! S. Wixsom would get a LOL out of it. I like your new blog makeover!