See these rocks?
| They look like normal enough landscape rocks, right? |
Ok. A lot.
"Updating" included tearing out some rose bushes that I wasn't quite ready to part with because I just wasn't sure what else to do with the space. I sometimes have a hard time envisioning things. And it may have had something to do with me being resistant to change.....
So, it took putting a for sale sign in our yard for me to finally agree to the "updating." We got a good recommendation on a nice landscape rock company. We decided what we wanted and placed our order.
The rocks came the day before Brett left to go overseas for a medical mission. THE DAY BEFORE. Don't ask my why we waited so long, but that's just how it happened. (Mistake #1-- don't worry, I'll keep the tally for you).
So, we placed our order. We ordered 3"- 5" rock. (Mistake #2) The lady assured us that the majority of the rocks were on the smaller size and that mix was the most popular landscape choice for regular yards. (Mistake #3-- saleswoman talking us into the mix). We asked her about the next smaller size-- she said they had just pulled them out and they were totally dirty and muddy. We decided to stay with the 3" - 5". (Mistake #4).
The rocks came. I was shocked. Brett laughed. I almost started to cry because they weren't what I had imagined. We decided to document it because surely, we would laugh about this someday.
| They're freakin' huge! |
| Really? "Most popular landscape choice"? No way. |
| We tried to make it work, and it just wouldn't work. |
So, we had to take them back to exchange them. Yes, we had to take them back. Luckily, someone in our neighborhood owns an excavating company and had the equipment to take those dang rocks back. But, it didn't come free. It cost us the same amount to take the rocks back as it did for us to have them delivered to us.
Garbage.
We finally got the right rocks. And yes, they were terribly dirty, but we didn't care. The only problem was, Brett was gone. He was in South America for 2 weeks. 8 tons of rocks on the road in front of our house. Not good.
Family and neighbors to the RESCUE!
| Brett's dad hauling a load of rock to where it needs to go |
| Uncle Steve and my dad getting the rocks all situated |
| Some of the crew helping. See those women and children? I have the best friends and neighbors. |
| My visiting teacher and her oldest boy even came to help. |
| This was our youngest helper; equipped with his own wheel barrow. |
Thank you to all who helped!!! I couldn't have done it without you! I am so thankful for family and friends who care for and love us.
3 comments:
Yes, that was quite the laborious project! Glad you are so happy with it. The pictures of your sweet home look great!
Yes, it is gorgeous! Why is it only when we move that we do upgrades!!!!
Your yard looks awesome!
Post a Comment