Is your mouth watering yet? This cantaloupe is from our garden. And let me tell you folks: this is the best, darn cantaloupe I've ever tasted. There is just something about home grown that makes things taste so much better. Ya'll thing a cantaloupe's a cantaloupe? Try comparing home grown tomatoes to store-bought. No comparison, right? That is how this yummy, orange fruit tasted. Heavenly!
These peaches are from our yard, too. They are seriously the best peaches. They are huge too! I wish I would have put something in the picture so you could compare and see how large these suckers really are! I'd say right inbetween a baseball and a softball. Anyway, Kenna and I made peach freezer jam today. It's a new recipe, so hopefully, it works out.

8 comments:
Mmmm... those DO look good! WOW! I miss my garden this year. I thought we would be moved by summer and instead here we are NOT enjoying the harvest. Too bad, it looks like a yummy one this year. ;)
Canteloupes are like my favorites! That looks so good! I am getting anxiety right now because tomorrow is Sunday and I just realized I am out of canteloupe for tomorrow. I hope I can survive!!
Homemade Jam is my favorite! Rich's grandma always gives us some when we visit her, I hide it in the fridge so Rich and the kids forget it is there! I could drink the whole bottle!
Wow, you grew cantelopes in ur garden! That is so cool! I have heard about how awesome ur garden is. Lucky! I want those raspberries u got! Yummy! Peach jam. Yummy! I love homemade jam.
I guess I am going to have to come and see your garden! I would love to learn how to make peach jam. Next year when you make some, give me a call!
Yummy! You really did have a great harves! I want to try growing cantelope next year. The jam looks yummy to. You go girl!!
Oh my, I am DROOLING! Those peaches look amazing. And the jam, your such a rockstar. Next on tap for me is making some apple butter, b/c apples are in peak season here in Colorado right now.
You are sooo lucky! I wish I had a yard where a garden would thrive! :) yum!!
Post a Comment