To some, this smile may look a bit strained, but to those who know Makenna well, this is her most happy, cheesy smile she can produce. This smile comes after riding down the street on her bike with no training wheels! She can really do it! We started on Friday afternoon. My good friend, and her little girl Kylie, had taken 1 training wheel off her bike and Makenna wanted to try that. So we did and it got old, really fast. She said, "I want to take the other wheel off too!" I had a sit-down chat with her and told her that learning to ride a bike is hard work and takes practice! There will be falls and scrapes and bruises (I showed her all my scars from my youth that were caused mostly from riding my bike) but it is so worth it! She agreed to do her best. So, we worked Friday night, Saturday morning and then later this afternoon and tonight. She got it!
(I know, nice apron)
After Makenna really got the hang of things, she kept yelling to our neighbors and her friends, "Look at me!!! Look at me!!!" As she's yelling, she forgets to watch where she's going and almost biffs it a few times! I wonder where she gets that.........
We're so proud of Makenna and we can't believe she's big enough to ride a big-girl bike! She's growing up too fast!!!
13 comments:
Fun, Fun. Annika is working on learning to ride a bike as well. She is doing so good and loves trying it out. She has no fear. Such a different experience from teaching Ethan. He always started crying because he was afraid he would crash, and then he couldn't see through the tears and would run into something. He just barely started riding his bike confidently this year. It is so interesting to see each kids approach to life.
Wow! Such a grown up girl! It has been too long! We are still working on Megan's bike riding skills... maybe she'll get it before she's out grown her bike.
Congratulations!! Yeah what a fun accomplishment! This is something she will remember her whole life! And yes, I like the apron! :)
Go girl!!! She is sure determined to do it!! I am so glad taking one wheel helped her to be prepared for it. I am excited for her!
I saw you guys practicing the other day and I have to tell you, it inspired me to practice with Hayden! Hopefully he will get the hang of it soon! Way to go Makenna!
Yeah! Go Makenna! Love your apron!
That is so cool that our sisters are going to be in the same mission! Small world! Eliza is English speaking so they probalby won't ever be companions, but I bet they might meet each other. What is your sister's name and I'll tell Eliza to keep a look out.
Soooo proud of you!! Now you can teach Maddie how to ride without training wheels!
So cute! Great job, Kenna! Aunt Cherry is so proud of you! What a big girl you are. You are so lucky to have such a great mom to help you.
Way to go McKenna! That's great! Emily wants to try, but doesn't quite "get" how to do it. She is getting closer though. I just need to get her a bike of her own. But with figuring out where we will be living, it has been last on my priority list. Until then, she will just use the neighbor bikes. McKenna is doing so well though, good for her!
WOOHOO! Way to go, Kenna!
Go MaKenna! Good thing you are a marathon mommy Cami. She is fast. :)
Soooo cute. I love your posts.
That is so great! We are teaching Isaac right now. It's so hard to instill the bravery needed to just do it!
Post a Comment