Makenna on the morning of her FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL . She is beyond thrilled!
McKay loooking a little sleepy, but happy to be going to kindergarten, nonetheless.The twins on their first day!! I can't believe my babies are in school! They look so big!






I just had to include this picture, even though it wasn't the first day of school. This is McKay and Makenna on the 2nd day of school, "Red" day. Makenna was so excited to wear a dress and Mickey was super happy to be wearing spiderman!
The kids are loving school! I'm very happy with their teachers so far and they all seem to be adjusting well. I seem to be adjusting well, too. The first week was hard. The first day was hard! I held it together at their school and then when I got home I lost it! I bawled and bawled for and hour or so. I just felt so lost! For 8 years I've been at home with at least one child at my side, and now, they're all in school! I knew I had plenty to do and lots to keep me busy, but no babies at home with me! No one to go to the store with. No one to go to Costco with and share the joy of all the samples. No one to weed the garden with, no one to fold the clothes with. To me, it just signifies that we're out of that baby stage, and we don't want to be out of that stage, that is just the way things are right now. This is the beginning of the end! Once they get in school, the time just FLIES!! Then they start to get more friends, mom and dad become less cool and before you know it, you have teenagers! Well, I have learned to enjoy the moment! Enjoy every second: every diaper, every feeding, every thing you can!!! Don't wish life away thinking of time alone or older kids, or less dependant kids. It just goes by too fast and we all need to be grateful for the blessings that we have right now. I am so thankful for my 3 wonderful kids! We are so blessed to have them in our lives. We are also grateful to have good teachers and a good school right by our house!


14 comments:
I love the pictures!!! I wish we could invent a way to rewind time so that we could go back and revisit these precious moments. Thank goodness for pictures.
I can't believe your twins are already in Kindergarten.
You are such a fun mom....I'm glad you got a picture with them on their first day.
All of the kids look so cute! I can't believe that the twins are already in Kindergarten. It seems like yesterday that Joe & I were in nursery with them.
I can't believe they are in school. I am hanging on to my twin babies one more year. I don't know if I'll be ready for that next year. What are you going to do with your free time??????? Let's get together soon!!!
Your kids looked ready for school! They are all so cute! So what are you going to do with the time? I love the picture of you, you are so photogenic!
Ohh, they are sooo cute!! Fun day for little twins! Yeah, I hate it when Austen pick his outfits and they don't match! ha. You are so luck you get to have half day to yourself everyday even going biking anytime! Lucky girl!
They look so excited! That'll be us next year when Brynn starts, yikes! It does go by so fast!
They look so great! I can't believe the twins are in kindergarten - how did they get so big? And I love the picture of them walking together, holding hands. I'm not sure if it makes me smile or breaks my heart! First day of school is always hardest on the moms. :)
I cannot believe they are already in Kindergarten. And Connor?!? 8?? Whaaaaat??? Such cuties!
Those pictures are SO CUTE! My favorite it the one of the twins walking down the sidewalk--that just melted me! And Makenna's face is that red dress cracked me up.
Hey Cami. I cannot believe how big your kids are. It's crazy to think that when we met, we were just starting the crazy adventure that is motherhood. And now look at us...our babies all grown up.
Great perspective... thanks for the reminder. I find myself looking ahead to those days and wishing they would get here sooner rather than later. I'm usually able to reign it in and remind myself that I'll be sad when that time comes, but sometimes those thoughts get me through the long days. I will definitely try harder to enjoy every minute of it!
wow i needed to read this today. I remember hitting the freedom phase of life for a minute and then right back into toddler land. It does go by quickley and then all you want is them home again with you. I am glad you enjoy and value your precious children so much. good job!
Cam! So bitter sweet. You have such cute kids and they are so good, you are such a good mom, honestly you really are I look up to you a lot! I can't believe how big they are getting! With all that time on your hands we need to get together one morning and chat!
I loved the update. I feel so swamped with my kids lately (having a two month old does that, I guess), I have been longing for the day that they are all OUT OF HERE! But your post reminded me to put it all in perspective and enjoy all those late night feedings. Thanks, Cami!
Post a Comment