Monday, September 15, 2008

YUM!

We were up in the canyon tonight for Family Home Evening. It has been such nice weather lately, we're taking advantage of it! Tonight we had hotdogs and somthing a little out of the ordinary that I absolutely love!
For a few years now, we've been roasting something besides marshmallows and hot dogs in our campfire. It's a little candy I like to call:

STARBURSTS.

Yes, you read right. We roast starbursts. It is SO good. You have to try it. All you do is pop one of these babies on the end of your roasting stick, let it sit in the fire for a few seconds until it's nice and gooey looking, and then let it cool off for a minute. The out side becomes just a tiny bit crispy and the inside is all melty. It is super yummy. Take my word for it!

14 comments:

K.C. said...

I LOVE doing this! X introduced me to roasting starbursts this summer, and now every time I get around a campfire its like everyone is doing it. It seems that I was the only one that didn't know about!

Anonymous said...

It's my sister's favorite treat! Yummy!

Andrea Holley said...

Ooh - that sounds good! I miss going up the canyon. There isn't anything close to a mountain or canyon here.

Funk Master B said...

...maybe if you like to eat molten lava.

Natalie said...

Thanks to you we now enjoy that treat as well!

BECKY said...

I keep hearing about this- it's time i tried it too!! Talk to you soon- I sure miss ya!!

Carrick family said...

Thanks for sharing ur idea! I'm gonna trying that. It sure sounds yummy! Sam loves starbursts too much! I love campfire!

gwyn said...

So weird that I was introduced to roasted Starbusts last week! What a coincidence. Our bishop says his daughter learned it at BYU-Idaho, so that's where it started if we can trace it anywhere. I have to say, they were delish.

Torrie Family said...

So this has nothing to do with your Starbursts, but I was reading about your twins going to kindergarten. I almost started crying thinking of my Brooklyn and Colby leaving me childless! Did you keep them in the same class? My twins are super attatched to each other...
Tonya

adrienne and ryan said...

I totally have done that! The Rush clan didn't believe me that they were so good but YUM!

Stacy and Mike said...

Never heard of such a CRAZY thing but you better believe I'll be trying it soon.
YUMMY! Your daughter is soooooo cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Cami to try something like that! ha. We'll give it a try if we ever get out camping.

Spring said...

We'll have to try that...Aaron loves Starbursts!

gosonja said...

Your kidding. Yum, I love Starbursts, they are the best. I will definitely grab a bag for our next camping trip.