Here's another one from McKay:
Last night we had a movie night. We borrowed Karate Kid from my brother. Thanks Rob. I used to freakin' love that show! Even to this day Brett and I both quote things and do things from this movie. When one of the kids gets hurt what do we do? We, very seriously, clap our hands together and begin to furiously rub them back and forth, just like Mr. Miyagi does to heal Daniel-son's wounded shoulder. It works every time! When Connor leaves to school and he's riding down the sidewalk, what do I yell to him? "Bonsai"!!!! And then I've taught him to yell, "Bonsai!!!" back to me. Not quite as boisterously as I say it, but I've tried to teach him to say it with feeling.
Seriously. Love that show.
I probably haven't seen it for gosh........at least 15 years....Did you know that show came out in 1984? That makes me feel old! So, the kids have never seen it and I thought it'd be so much fun for them to watch. Especially since they are all obsessed with playing "Kung Fu" with daddy since Kung Fu Panda came out. I thought it was time for them to get some real Karate instruction from the best: "Wax on, wax off!" "Paint the fence!" And, the ever-awesome crane kick! Anyway, last night I realized how corny that show is! Wow! Seriously. But it was SO FUN to watch again with the kids. They LOVED it!
Well, throughout the show Daniel-son and Alli (with an "I") run into each other and begin to like each other and meet and go out on dates and all that fun stuff. Brett and I were interjecting ooh's and ahh's at all the appropriate moments during the show to exaggerate the point to the kids. During one scene, they hug each other and McKay said,
"I wish they would kiss!"
I think I have a hopeless romantic on my hands!
Then, after they did kiss at "Golf N' Stuff" and the show went on, McKay said, "I wonder why he didn't tell his mommy that he kissed his girlfriend....."
I can only hope that he'll be that open with me about who he kisses....
11 comments:
McKay is just so darn cute! Won't it be nice if our kids grow up and are that open? I sure hope they do.
We have known each other for how many years and have never made this karate kid connection!! That was, okay is, one of my all time faves! I had the biggest crush on Bobby (the nicest Cobra Kai). I don't think I can count how many times I've seen it... at least 100! Oh good, now everyone knows the nerd in me!
Oh that is a crack up Matt and I are loving that!
I'm so proud to here you love the classic karate kid as much as I do. There is great wisdom in that show. McKay is just destine to be a ladies man. The girls are going to love that sweet boy.
That is so cute.
The Karate Kid, that is classic--so many good lines, but I agree some of these shows that are exaggerated in my memory as being so awesome deflate when I watch them again...
That would be a good one to watch again!
Love that Mickey!
HAHAHA--that is great! Love that McKay.
The Karate Kid was like the best movie ever! I need to show it to my kids.
That is so cute and funny. I loved the Karate Kid growing up and yeah, when you watch it again you realize just how corny it is. LOL!
My blog is now public again:
http://rmfclan.blogspot.com/
This is so funny-- all of it! First of all, I had a giant poster of Ralph Macchio in my room when I was 10! My birthday cake that year was the Karate Kid!! And your son is so cute-- I love what kids say! My Alana is a romantic herself- and often asks Scott and I to kiss and "feed each other some food!" It is so funny! I am glad to hear that some other people my age also share the same love for that corny 80's classic!!
Post a Comment