This place is seriously one of the funnest places in Salt Lake City. Me and my kids have been going here ever since Connor was a baby. Many of you may remember this park for the drugs or the 'drum circles' or that there was a police station built on the corner of the park because the drugs and other crimes were so prevalent in the area. Well, about 10 years ago, the park was totally revamped and now is a family-friendly, super fun, tons-to-see-and-do, park. I discovered this park in our University Village days and would go running there with Connor when he was a baby. It's a beautiful place and so nice. We LOVE it!
One of my favorite things about Liberty Park is that it has a replica of the Wasatch Mountain Range and all the canyons running through it, right in the heart of the park. City Creek Canyon, E
migration Canyon, Parley's,
Millcreek, Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons are all there and there are little streams of water running from the top of the 'mountain's' into a huge pool at the bottom= the Great Salt Lake. The Jordan River is also represented. It is an awesome thing, and my kids love it!
McKay in one of the canyon streams, right before entering the Great Salt Lake
Kenna with one of her great finds: a yellow leaf. This girl loves all things nature.

Liberty Park also has a few carnival rides. Connor chose to ride the swings while all three rode the
ferris wheel. Connor could not resist and started rocking the car a little, trying to scare the twins. He can be such a tease sometimes!

Can't you just see the wheels in Connor's head turning????
6 comments:
We used to love Liberty Park, too - I'm glad it hasn't changed. That little swimming/splash area has got to be one of the best I've ever seen. In fact, I think I may have gone there with you a few times back in the Village days!
Liberty Park is awesome, I love that they 'revived' it...it has been a while since we frequented the vicinity, how fun to see the pics of your kids enjoying the day there!
Cute pics! That was a lot of fun. Thanks for introducing me to the park.
Hey Cami! We haven't seen you guys forever it has been such a crazy summer. We need to have you guys down. It looks like your having a great summer.
Hey! How are you!? Your family is so cute!
Hi Cami,
I love Liberty park too, and wish i lived closer so i could go more often. i loved the pictures of your kids! Sorry I haven't checked your blog for a while. Thanks so much for the sweet birthday card, you are so awesome to remember and to make the effort to send it! You are such a great friend, and it really made my day to get your card. Thanks!
Post a Comment