Friday, July 27, 2012

Hogwarts at our House?

McKay was busy at work, doing something art-sy. 

Whenever he gets in moods like this, I know that when he is done, I should prepare to be amazed!

He invited us to his room to see what he'd been working on al day. This is what we saw first.

"What is that on his door?"you ask. Why that is the mural of the "Fat Lady", guarding the door to the Gryffindor common room. (Note the torches.)

Can you feel how excited he is about this by the look on his face?
If you've seen the movies, you know how similar this is to the real thing!


This is Brett trying out the "sorting hat". He was sent to the Griffindor House

Kenna was also sorted to Griffindor

I was sent to Hufflepuff
Connor was sorted into Slytherin
Here are the shields from all the different houses and the sword of Gryffindor
Look, it's Hedwig, Harry's owl

These are treats from Honey Dukes. This is a store in the village of Hogsmead that Harry and his friends like to go to. Ron gets Harry some sherbet balls here.

This is a shelf in the joke shop of Fred and George: Weasley Wizard Wheezes. You can see he is offering love potion, stink bombs, gum and sticky shoes.


I love that McKay loves Harry Potter and it's something that gets him super excited about reading.

4 comments:

Rob and Schaefer Bell said...

What a great post!!! I love that he can take all day and do a project like that. I love that Connor was slitherin (predicted that). That Mckay boy has some impressive talent!!

Mama Bell said...

Oh, what a creative boy! I love the picture of Hedwig! McKay is such a great artist! I can't wait to see the things he will do!

Alyssa said...

How fun! Max just finished the first book with Brian so we let him watch the first movie. I showed him your blog and all he could say was "awesome!"

Ashley Bell said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I cannot stop laughing that Connor got "assigned" to Slytherin. I love that Mckay is so creative. It will do wonders for him. All three of the kidos each have wonderful talents. What a great family. We miss you guys!