Check out this view from the top of our old neighborhood. It's not the best day to take a picture; it was rainy and windy this day, but I had to go up to the top of the neighborhood and set my eyes on this view again. Isn't it beautiful? I used to come up here all the time. The twins and I frequented this spot many a time when they would fit in the double stroller. I just love the view. Nothing beats it.
Interestingly enough, this is also the area that burned a few weeks after we had come back home to TX. The whole neighborhood was evacuated and it was pretty scary for a while. But thanks to the excellent and tireless work of the fire fighters our neighborhood and the homes up this way were saved.
One of the first things we had to do was go to the new park built in Saratoga Springs called Neptune Park. The kids were THRILLED with the idea of taking some friends, so that is what we did.
 |
| Here is Connor with his best friend Asher |
 |
| The twins with the Wilcox kids: Owen and Olivia. We LOVE these guys! Thanks for the sweatshirts! |
 |
| McKay and Owen. These two are like 2 peas in a pod. They get along so well! McKay is still waiting to find his "Owen" here in Texas. |
 |
| McKay at the top of the HUGE jungle gym structure. The kids loved this! |
Of course, there were more miles to go on the bike before our big 100 miler. These are shots from a 75 mile ride we did . The sky was gorgeous.
 |
| I absolutely love these ladies. They are some of the best ladies I know. |
 |
| One night we went out to see one of Jaxson's t-ball games. It was a hoot!! And here is Wyatt. We all just love this little boy who is so full of life and personality! |
 |
| We had to spend some time with this cute little man, Tyler, and all his big sisters. So much fun to be with the cousins!!! |
 |
These two people are some of the best in the world: my grandparents. I am so proud to call them my family. They are such a big part of my life and now my kids' life. We have many, many wonderful memories with these two.
The kids took grandpa and I on a little walk to the "ditch". As a child, we would drag grandpa grandpa would take us here all the time. The ditch was a little irrigation stream about 100 yards from his house. This place was so cool: a stream, lots of bugs, sticks and a HUGE tree with leftovers of a tree house from the 70's. We loved that place. Sometimes I would walk with grandpa by myself, but most the time it was with grandpa and a whole bunch of cousins! We never tired of the ditch. I'm sure grandpa got tired of it, but he never let us know and he was always willing to take us to the ditch every time we asked!!
Now it's a tradition with my kids...and Grandpa still goes!!!
|
|
 |
| I love my Grandpa Harmon |
3 comments:
So glad you are close to that wonderful man! He is as close to an angel that a human can get!
Isn't it wonderful to go back home and see old friends!? (and family of course)
We are headed out west in two weeks and I can't wait to get atop a mountain once again!
Did this trip make it hard to return back to Texas?
Is your time in texas going to be a long term arrangement or will you be getting back to the west at some point?
Trev and I are trying to come to grips with the idea of living in Minnesota for a very long time. sigh
:)
I am so glad you got to go home and do all those fun things! You'll have to tell me more about the bike race - it sounds awesome! What a fun trip!
Post a Comment