This is my first project. Makenna had a nightgown that my mom made for her earlier this year that she just loves. She has worn it so much! So, I decided to give her a little variety to her sleep wear and make her another one. She chose out the fabric herself (which is very cute, but hard to see in the picture) and she wanted this one LONG! So, we made it long and she loves it. I totally enjoyed myself! There is just something so satisfying about making something with your own hands, and taking a few yards of fabric and making it into something beautiful and loved!
Here is my second project:

This is a dish towell. It started out as just a plain white flour sack dish towell. I traced the cute chicken pattern on and stitched it. Then I chose out some cute, funky fabric, and sewed them on. It was actually a little more difficult than I made it sound, but I learned alot about sewing with this project and I just love seeing my little towel hanging on my oven.
Here is a close up of the stitchery

Here it is hanging with my cute towel from Crate and Barrel, the inspiration for the colors.
The last project, I cannot claim as my own. Connor had the assignment to create a monster for Halloween. He came up with this out-landish idea, and I just couldn't think of how it could be done. In comes Super-dad to save the day. Brett is so creative and can think of ways to create anything your little mind can imagine. Here is a close-up of Connor's monster, "Captain Sharp Sword."
Captain Sharp Sword's head is made out of a shrunken apple, complete with raisin eyes, and rice for teeth. His body is made from paper mache, with "blood-red" buttons, and a blue sapphire gem for a belt buckle. (Connor's own words). He's got a hook for his right hand and a sword in his left. Brett even made it so he could stand up on his own (with help from a metal hanger). Isn't it awesome?
I am so glad that the kids have such a great father to help them with these kind of projects! I'm so thankful that after working all day, he still has enough in him to come home and save the day! Thanks, babe!
10 comments:
Oh my gosh! YOu did sooo good for your first time sewing! I m proud of you! now you can make baby taggie blanket like the ones I make for everyone in the ward. YOu need to show me how to make PJ's and towels. I really need new kitchen towels bad. Tell me how!
I love all of the projects that you made!! I agree that sewing is addicting and very satisfying. It is my outlet to something other than being a mom. Now that you are sewing, check out a link on my blog "tutorials" that someone has compiled. It is a list of FREE things to make, from baby items, to bags, to clothes. It is awesome! Can't wait to see more projects...
I love that nightgown. You are definitely naturally gifted in the sewing department if those were your first adventures! The dishtowel is to die for. You are so creative!
There is something about fall that always gets me in the crafty mood!
Cami,
Really, is there anything that you're not good at:)? Makenna looks happy about her new night gown. Cute, cute! One day in the distant future I might try to get that creative. Have fun with your new hobby. I look forward to seeing more of your creations.
good job and how nice of your mom to save her old machine for you...it is so nice to have one. My kids think it is so cool when I get it out, they think it is like driving... :)
P.S. I love Connor's Captain Sharp Sword...so creative!
Your dishtowel turned out really great! I love the embroidery. The nightgown is cute too! I can't wait to see more.
Great job on your sewing adventures! I had the bug, but lost it when I decided to make Halloween costumes a few years back ( a candy corn and a praying mantis)...Uggh! I'm glad you started with something a little more simple!
Hey, I am locking my blog and want you to have access. Please put your email address in so I can allow you. I will not publish your email.
And wow, I love your homemade crafts, how awesome! I have a sewing machine that I have no idea how to use. I hope to change that soon.
It is so fun to see how you have blossomed into this totally domestic woman from the tom boy I remember! You had the best possible role model! Way to go!
I love your projects, crafty lady! You should be proud! And Connor's project is so cool-- I hope Ammon makes one just like it one day! ;)
Post a Comment