Friday, February 15, 2008

The Concert

Here is Alyssa after a performance well done, with the flowers my parents and some friends brought for her.

Alyssa with my mother dear

Makenna with Grandpa Harmon, who also came up to see Alyssa

There is a funny story behind this picture. The stage crew had moved the piano out of the way for the violinist concerto previous to Alyssa performing. After the violinist was done, the stage crew moved the piano back to center stage. Alyssa came out to a cheering crowd. She went to sit down at the piano and realized there was no bench! The crowd noticed too and Alyssa totally handled it great. She made a joke about it and then we all started clapping. The bench finally came out and it was down to it's lowest point, and she needs it at the highest point. She had to crank that thing up until it was right, which totally would have frazzled me and I would have done it too fast because I was worried about everyone waiting and then it totally would have messed up my performance. But, Alyssa took her time and got it just right. She is such a performer. As one lady put it after the concert, "She has stage presence." I whole-heartedly agree!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That's so funny about the bench. That would have made me SO nervous too, I would have just died.

Maren said...

Seeing the picture of the auditorium brings back all my memories of BYU-Idaho - sigh-. Your sister is very brave, if that would have happened to me I would have walked away and never returned. Good for her!

Andrea Holley said...

I can't belive how long, thick and pretty Makenna's hair is! Oh, I miss seeing you all.

MamaBell said...

As the mother of the 2 beautiful Bell girls, I am very proud to know them and love them!