Friday, February 8, 2008

Jon Schmidt concert with Connor


Jon Schmidt playing, "All of Me"

Last night, Brett and I took Connor on a special date to see Jon Schmidt. If any of you do not know who he is, he is a MUST LISTEN TO musician. Seriously, he is so good. But, he is even BETTER in person. He was AWESOME! He is such an entertainer! We laughed most the night! We wanted to take Connor to keep him motivated about playing the piano. Sometimes, well most the time, practicing can be hard and frustrating and we keep telling Connor that all his hard work will pay off. And it already is paying off, but sometimes it's hard for him to see the purpose of practicing. So, by the suggestion of our wonderful piano teacher, we decided to take him to a concert to show him how good he could be someday. Anyway, he LOVED it! He was quoting Jon Schmidt lines all night and all this morning. Jon even talked about growing up and hating to practice, but he stuck with it and I think it did the trick! Connor was so happy to practice this morning! Thank you, Jon Schmidt! Of course, I took my camera, but the batteries ran out. I wish we could have some video of last night, but this Youtube one will have to do. Our fave songs include, "Waterfall", "The Dumb Song", "All of Me", "Pachelbel Meets U2", "Game Day", "North Pole Express" and " I Saw Three Ships." This guy is AMAZING!

8 comments:

bedonts said...

Cami! Thanks for the post! I know Karen from Snow College. She and I were roommates our second year! It is definitely a small world! Your blog is fun! I am excited to start doing triathlons and BJ and I are already talking about what cycle centuries we want to do this year! It's a great way to stay active, and the time that BJ and I spend together training and participating in century tours has been wonderful for us to continue to grow closer and closer as husband and wife...both sharing an activity that we love! You'll have to share with me your hints on triathlon training and secrets to successful finishes!! :) Keep checkin' in and posting comments! It'll be fun hearing from you!

-Alli

Amz said...

Wow! What a great idea! So glad it worked.

Natalie said...

wow, he is amazing! what a great idea...to motivate without having to say a word! you guys are cute parents!

Julie and Eric said...

Cami! Hey girl! It has been a long time. It was really good to hear from you! I love Blogs for that reason. About Jon Schmidt, he held a personal concert for my children's piano class. It was awesome. We went out that night and bought his CD. Jaden loves to listen to waterfall to go to sleep. Your children are adorable! Hope to hear from you soon!

Julie :)

Kimbrey said...

How fun to have a date for just Conner and you guys! I love Jon Schmidt. He inspired me to love the piano when I was a teenager. I hope it works for Conner! It was good to see you guys at church today!

jamirodana said...

I have been wanting Jonah to take piano lessons. It's hard to come up with $ for all of the extra-curricular activities though.
My Mom teaches piano and we could have it for free except that she lives in California. Bummer!
That was a good idea to keep Conner motivated.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Hi, I found you through Amz blog and thank you for this piano post! I will have to do something like this for my daughter. What a GREAT idea!! Thank you thank you!!

Jessica said...

Robert and I love Jon Schmidt! We went to his Christmas concert here at the U one year. He is such a performer! I am glad that Connor had fun.