Makenna drew this map for us. She said, "There are lots of straight lines on the map because we keep going straight. If we need to turn, I'll draw you another map with turns." *cute*
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Trip to Rexburg!
Our little family was so excited to go on a little road trip. My sister, Alyssa, is a sophomore attending BYU-Idaho-- the college formerly known as Ricks College-- my alma mater, in fact. Alyssa was part of a production put on by the music departments. It was a night featuring the student concerto winners and a performance of Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6, Pathetique. Earlier in the year, Alyssa competed against 9 other pianists- most of them older than her- and won and got to play a concerto: Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 37 by Beethoven. For those of you who don't know what a concerto is, it is this: A composition for an orchestra and one or more solo instruments. Alyssa was the solo instrument on the piano. We just had to make the trip up to Rexburg to see her perform. We got all dress up, kids included, and went to see her perform. She did FABULOUS! We were so proud of her! I just wanted to keep saying, "That's my baby sister!" Anyway, we were so glad we got to go and the car trip was fun too! Our family loves road trips! Here are some pictures of us in the car.
Connor taking atvantage of the oh-so scenic drive up to Rexburg!
McKay coloring the drive away
Makenna and her 'map'
Makenna drew this map for us. She said, "There are lots of straight lines on the map because we keep going straight. If we need to turn, I'll draw you another map with turns." *cute*
Close-up of the map
Makenna drew this map for us. She said, "There are lots of straight lines on the map because we keep going straight. If we need to turn, I'll draw you another map with turns." *cute*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can believe your baby sister is so talented, but I can't believe sophomore in college! (Feeling old!:) The pictures of your kids are so cute, I love the one of Connor. I was showing Jaycee your blog, and she said, "When did she get married, no one told me? Wow she had kids really fast!" She was thinking you were Alyssa. :)
SO cute! I love McKenna's map, that is so fun. We like road trips too, though we don't have time to take many of them. Congrats to your sister, that is awesome. Both of my parents attended Ricks or now BYU-I. My dad actually won a contest for naming the eatery the Nordic Landing. He got $100 for it.
That map is absolutely adorable! You have the cutest kids. What fun stories you just shared. I'm so glad that Alyssa performed so well. I adore that girl.
How fun to go back to Rexburg. Can you believe it has been almost 10 years?????
Your kids are beautiful and getting so grown up. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Love ya and miss you too!
Your kids are SOOOOO cute!
Your kids are darling! What a fun road trip to see Alyssa. I've heard she is quite the pianist! And fun to see your Grandpa. He is the sweetest man!
Oh, I want to go on a road trip! That picture of Connor is hilarious...love the map!
Post a Comment