I turned 30 this year! I have been looking forward to the 30's, actually! I would much rather be entering the 30's than the 20's. I am more sure of myself, who I am, what my purpose is, how to fulfill that purpose. I care less about what others think of me and more about what I think or what my Father in Heaven thinks of me. I feel more mature in my relationship with myself and with my husband, and that is a good feeling! I hope to make this the best decade of my life!
This decade started out with a bang! Just so you all know, I have the BEST husband in the world! I couldn't have asked for a more fun (for me) birthday! He took 1/2 day off of work and came home, picked me and the kids up, took the kids to his mom's house, and then whisked me off. We were alone, together, without kids! He said, "OK, this is how much money you have. Get out your birthday list. Let's go shopping!" (What guy does that?) So, we shopped around everywhere for the better part of 6 hours! It was so much fun! I got lots of running stuff, some shirts, jewelery, shoes, and we just had a great time! We even stopped and got our pictures taken in one of those little booths in the mall! We had a city volleyball game that night so we went to play, and then Brett surprised me with a night out to dinner with all our volleyball friends at PF Chang's! It was great! This birthday was the perfect girly birthday! Shopping and eating out! I am so grateful for Brett and his thoughtfulness and kindness and sensitivity. He didn't complain once and didn't tell me to hurry up at all and had a smile on his face the whole time! What a wonderful man!

5 comments:
Happy 30! I can't believe you are 30! What a great birthday and what an awesome husband you have!
I can't believe you are only 30! You are a baby! I totally thought you were older than that and it makes me feel very immature now. Anyway, Happy Birthday...sounds like a blast!
happy birthday!!! You are spoiled! ha, Welcome to 30th age group! ha!
Happy Birthday! You are awesome to be so happy about 30. lol I think I will make it be happy when I get there because anytime to celebrate is a good time. Brett is such an awesome husband, glad you had a good time.
Wow what a great way to celebrate 30! You deserve to be treated like that. Good Job Husband!
Post a Comment