Thursday, May 22, 2008

Polar Bear 2008

Almost every year for the past 10 years, Brett has been taking us up to a place we like to call the, "Polar Bear Canyon." When Brett was a teenager he found this spot with his friends. It's quite a hike through brush and poison ivy (which none of us got on us, except Brett) and up some pretty huge rocks, but we make it and it's always worth it! This water you see is direct run-off from snow. Yes, I said snow. Since we had such a huge winter this year, the waterfall was very powerful. This time we went with my brother and sister, Alyssa and Tyler, a few days before they both entered the MTC.

This is right above the little 'pool' area where you jump in and have to completely submerge yourself to be an official member of the polar bear club.


Video of Ty


Video of Cami

(Just so you know before you watch this, as I'm getting into the water, I'm thinking to myself, "I am not going to freak out. I am not going to look like an idiot when coming out of the water." [I was thinking this because of past experiences of looking like a freak] Anyway, I am trying so hard not to go nuts, but the water is just so cold and I couldn't help it!)

We had a great time with Alyssa and Tyler! I'm glad we got to go one last time before they left!

I tried to upload the video of Brett and Alyssa, but it didn't work. I'll upload it when I can.

15 comments:

Teri said...

This sounds like a fun tradition for you guys. The water has to be sooo cold!!! Your brave!

Anonymous said...

You are a brave woman! Just the thought of doing that gives me the shivers!

Brianne said...

How fun for you guys!

Spring said...

You're supposed to freak out with water that cold! I jumped into a frozen lake in February once. It is not possible to not scream! Looks fun, though! We should get together sometime...Let me know when you're free!

C Smoot said...

I cannot believe you did that!! Ice cold!!! Brrrr!!!

Joy said...

That was such a great video! You are a much braver person than I am!

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

You guys are all nuts! I didn't think that you freaked out too bad, considering the temp of the water!

brittanyc said...

You are a maniac!! I can't believe you would EVER dunk yourself in freezing cold water. You should absolutely be screaming and acting crazy once you come up! How fun :) Britt

Julie and Eric said...

What an adventure, a cold one, but fun nonetheless! I love that Tyler and Alyssa are both serving missions at the same time. Spanish speaking too! So sad that your parents are moving out of the area! :-( They will be missed GREATLY!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a really fun place. You'll have to reveal where it is. Ha! Cute blog!

Lesa said...

YOU GUYS R NUTS!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Whit said...

So I don't know if you'll remember me? I'm Raquels cousin Whitney (you were going to stay at my house and then didn't!!!) I was blog hopping and ran into yours what a small world. I had SO much fun talking to you and was wishing I could figure out a way to keep in touch with you! Now I have! Your family is so wonderful and it was so much fun meeting them. I'd love to hear from you when you have a minute! Have a great day!
Whit

Lytton Living said...

Hi Cami ~ It's Tristine (from High School). I found your blog through Stephanie's sister (Erikson). How are you? Your family is too cute!

Unknown said...

Cami,
I ran across your blog from Trisha's, sounds like you guys are keeping busy and having a blast doing so. I can't believe your kids are 8 & 5...where does the time go?

-rachel messel

Stacy and Mike said...

Ohhhh that looks freezing!!! It also looks absolutley gorgeous!!!