Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Grade Zoo Field Trip

I had the great opportunity to go with the twins' class to the zoo last month for a field trip. We hadn't been to the zoo since the twins were 2, so this was fun for the kids. I was incharge of 5 kids. In charge meaning they couldn't be out of my sight. This was a little stressful to begin with, since all five of the 6 year old's wanted to start in their own direction! We had to come up with some rules and a plan of what to do if they got lost. We only had a few little scares, but for the most part it was a great time!

McKay with his friend, Gavin, on the bus

Makenna with her friend, Isabella, on the bus


The kids were intrigued with the giraffe's purplish-blue tougue and his greenish saliva!



RHINO!


Cute baby elephant!!! The kids loved the baby!




I felt bad for this bald eagle, but it sure was cool to see it up close!




No comments: