We tried a new variety of tomatoes in our garden this year. The tomatoes were gargantuan!!! They looked a little funny, but they still tasted good. Nothing like a garden-grown tomato, that's for sure!

That is one tomato she's holding, by the way.
We got to go boating with our good friends, the Bergmann's. They got a fancy, new boat this summer and they took us out for a day of boating. We couldn't have asked for a better day-- pure sunshine and no wind and hot, hot, hot!! It was perfect! We had a blast!
We all tried something new. It's called, a "jimmy-jammer". It's a cross between a boogie board, a knee board and a short surf board. It hooks up with a rope and you can do pretty much anything. The kids loved it. They just hung on for dear life and went crazy! We had just got into the boat and Brian asked, "Who wants to try the jimmy-jam first?" I was surprised to hear little McKay yell out, "ME!" So, he went and he loved it! He did it several times through the day. What a fun accessory to the boat!






Brian the driver
The ladies (and Mickey)
The Bergmann's girls and Makenna wanted to try skiing. After they saw me skiing and what a professional I looked like, who wouldn't want to try, right? The only problem was, the girls just couldn't even get up at all. We thought that once they actually got up, they could probably stay up. So, Brett got in the water and stayed out with the girls. He helped them get all situated, get their balance and kind of propped them up when Brian hit the gas. They all got up with this method! I was so proud of Makenna. She will try anything and seems to have no fear when it comes to things like this. She reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger. She ended up loving it!

Makenna actually skiing! I was so proud of this girl!
Mickey was worn out from all that hard work on the jimmy-jammer.
Thanks Brian and Kelly! You guys are wonderful friends! We had a blast! Can't wait till next year!
1 comment:
How Fun! I love that picture of Kenna skiing. So awesome.
Post a Comment